The Doctors Agency of Michigan
The Doctors Agency of Michigan (TDA-MI.com)
is an independent captive agency of The Doctors Company, specializing in the medical professional liability insurance needs of Michigan physicians. The President of the agency, Michael “Mike” Tungate, CPCU, has acquired specialized knowledge and experience in medical malpractice insurance over the past three decades.
Medical Liability Expertise
- 3 decades in the insurance business
- Over 25 years of medical malpractice claims experience
- CPCU – Advanced insurance designation
- Expert knowledge of the litigation process
- Long-standing relationship with the best medical malpractice defense attorneys in the state
- Background of personal handling or supervising of thousands of medical malpractice claims
- Extensive experience with the National Practitioner Data Bank
- Understanding of the difficulties physicians face when confronted with a claim and ability to assist in answering questions regarding the litigation process
Coverage will be placed through The Doctors Company, the nation’s leading insurer of physician and surgeon medical liability (medical malpractice) and the leading physician insurer in Michigan. The Doctors Company is a physician-owned company, owned by its policyholder members. “The Doctors Company was founded by doctors for doctors. The physicians we insure are members of our organization, not just policyholders. We are uniquely aligned with our members’ interests and accountable only to them”. They are fiercely committed to their founding mission: to advance, protect, and reward the good practice of medicine. The Doctors Company offers Michigan’s best coverage and claims service excellence. (www.thedoctors.com)
If insurance is not available through The Doctors Company, due to loss history or licensing issues, the agency can assist physicians in finding coverage in the non-standard market. We can address questions on medical malpractice issues, your insurance policy, the litigation process, Michigan licensing investigation triggers, and more. Without obligation, you may request a quote
for your professional liability insurance needs.